And there you have it. Ohio State is left out in the cold. Alabama will be in the playoff. An all-SEC final is possible.
(Most recent odds as of posting in parens)
#4 'Bama and #1 Clemson will face off in one semi-final in the Sugar Bowl (Alabama by 1.5 over the nation's top team! Clemson is the Rodney Dangerfield of College Football), while #2 Oklahoma and #3 Georgia will battle in the Rose Bowl (Oklahoma by 2).
The other major bowls, which include the remaining teams in the top twelve, look like this:
- Fiesta: #9 Penn State vs #11 Washington (Penn State by 4.5)
- Orange: #10 Miami vs #6 Wisconsin (Wisconsin by 5.5)
- Peach: #7 Auburn vs #12 UCF (Auburn by 8)
- Cotton: #5 Ohio State vs #8 USC (Ohio State by 6)
- Alabama by .5 over Clemson
- Georgia by 1.5 over Oklahoma
- Penn State by 4.5 over Washington
- Wisconsin by 8 over Miami (unless you count the Orange Bowl as a home game for Miami, in which case 5.5)
- Auburn by 7.5 over UCF
- Ohio State by 9 over USC