In addition to Florida – South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 1, 2019
Now she’s in the Star Wars blockbusters, but at 19 she bared her … er … soul for art in 2003 in a hifalutin’ BBC mini-series, “Servants,” which was about England’s dunderheaded rural aristocracy in the 1850s and their various servants and attendants. (A real mass audience blockbuster, just like Star Wars!)
The Guardian wrote a funny (and quite positive) review: “I particularly enjoyed the overstyled, smocked-and-gaitered shepherd, accessorised by just two sheep (one black, one white), who, as he explained, was paid to stand around in sight of the Big House: ‘It’s the Master’s idea of a pastoral idyll.”
Man, those shepherds used some pretty fancy vocab back in the day – “pastoral idyll”? Lord Byron couldn’t have said it better. Those servants must have been like the field hands in Python’s Grail who dreamed of forming an agrarian collective.
Those statues you see in the topless clip provided a recurring thematic device in the show. The working class people kicked them, ridiculed them and generally disrespected them.
Ol’ Mellisandre got nekkid on screen for the first time in AmnesiA (2001). She was 24 then. She was about 40 when she did her most recent nude scene in the season six premiere of Game of Thrones.
Leven Rambin – wearing a swimsuit for the holiday weekend (Sept 2)
Depending on its path and whether it peters out over the Bahamas, it could become the fiercest storm ever to hit the East Coast.
As of this moment, the storm has completely stalled over Grand Bahama Island, which may result in an unprecedented disaster for that island.
From my e-mail:
I just wanted to send out a quick hello as we all watch the developments surrounding Hurricane Dorian along the East coast.
As of Monday at noon, we are under a precautionary, mandatory evacuation for all of Beaufort County. That said, given the uncertainty of the storm’s path, we anticipate a good many people may take a wait-and-see position into Tuesday and Wednesday before possibly leaving the area.
If/as you are interested in getting more detailed information about how the storm may impact the Lowcountry, I’ve compiled a list of resources below for your consideration:
Town of Hilton Head Island:
- Town of HHI Website: Click here
- Town of HHI Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TownofHiltonHeadIslandSC/
- Review the Citizens Guide to Emergency Preparedness (English or Spanish) by clicking here
- Sign up for Emergency Alerts from the Town of Hilton Head by clicking here
Town of Bluffton:
- Town of Bluffton Website: https://www.townofbluffton.sc.gov/
- Town of Bluffton Facebook Page: https://m.facebook.com/TownBlufftonSC/
Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office:
- Register for email and text alerts from the BCSO through Nixle by visiting https://local.nixle.com/beaufort-county-sheriffs-office/ or text your ZIP CODE to 888777 for mobile alerts
- Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Website: https://www.bcso.net
- Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BeaufortCoSO/
- Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Twitter account: https://twitter.com/bcsotraffic
South Carolina Emergency Management Division:
- National Hurricane Center: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
Please feel free to let me know any questions or comments you might have, and please join all of us here at CGR with your best wishes and prayers for the protection of the Lowcountry during this storm event.
He seemed to be losing it at the end of his Detroit days. He posted seasons like 13-12, 15-12, 5-8 and 10-8, and his ERA soared as high as 4.54.
That’s forgotten now. The Astros have given him a new lease on life. Since joining them, his record is 38-14, and his worst ERA has been this year’s 2.56! He now has 221 lifetime wins against only 128 losses.
Well, not exactly. She only exposed her nipples to have some metallic fun.
Damn the bikini, full speed ahead. (Areola)
To do a good “job“, well … it’s all in the technique (.gif)