Shortcut to the full report for Wednesday
So many things are at or near their nadir in the USA:
- There are more people in hospitals with COVID than ever before, and the number has passed 100,000.
- There are more people in ICU beds with COVID than ever before.
- The current number on ventilators is at the second-highest point ever.
- Kansas and South Dakota topped every country in the world in both new cases per capita and new deaths per capita.
- The number of daily fatalities on Wednesday (2,831) is the worst ever.
- 49 states (plus D.C. and Puerto Rico) are in the red zone for “new cases.” That’s also the worst ever.
- 45 states are in the red zone for the fatality rate. That is also the highest ever.
- 31 states, also the highest ever, were in the triple red zone (new cases, new fatalities, testing percentage).