It has been reported that Mississippi and Texas are both returning to full business-as-usual, with no restrictions or mask requirements. This is flat-out crazy.
- There are only three states in the triple red zone (fatalities, new cases, positivity rate), and Texas is one of them. The state is currently running a daily fatality rate (23 per million) higher than any country in the world (Slovakia is highest at 18)!
- Mississippi, meanwhile is still running a 17% percent positivity rate, sixth highest of the 50 states, and even higher than Texas.
There are still many good signs across the land:
- US COVID hospitalizations declined for the 51st straight day.
- US COVID patients in ICU declined for the 49th straight day.
- The US number of COVID patients on ventilators declined for the 46th straight day.
- The current 7-day testing percentage is 4.2%, the lowest since October 4th.